Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:10:42 +0100
From:      Chris Howells <lists@chrishowells.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Geom Vinum backwards compatible?

--nextPart1619486.rcGnviNa8r

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 17:02, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> Just did it on one machine and, yes, it worked.
> That's not a statistically relevant base, though - YMMV ;-)

Worked for me too when upgrading a machine from 4.10 to 5.3-beta7. The only=
=20
issue that I possibly saw was that I had to improperly shut down the machin=
e=20
and when it came back up again, since they are ufs1 parititions, fsck didn'=
t=20
want to run on them (fsck_ufs worked though), and the kernel decided to pan=
ic=20
because of this... (had to reboot in single user and remove the devices fro=
m=20
fstab) I don't particularly want to improperly shut down the machine again=
=20
and possibly corrupt my RAID in order to reproduce this though :)

=2D-=20
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C
KDE/Qt/C++/PHP Developer: http://www.kde.org