Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:34:48 +0000
From:      Michael Behrens <michael@gothmog.kingston.net>
To:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   adding disks under freebsd

Hello,

	   I am attempting to add a 2gig seacrate barracuda to our news server, this is the first time I
have tried to add a disk under freebsd and I am little confused by the fdisk/disklabel man pages for
setting up a new disk.

	So far, I have the disk recognized by the controller as sd4, I have the devices made for /dev/sd4
via MAKEDEV but I'm just completley lost on the fdisk/disklabel part.

	Yes, I have  rtfm'd.  I have a copy of Running FreeBSD, and I have searched the online information.  The
closest I have come is using sysinstall to do a custom install, but only partition and
slice the disks, however, everytime I do this, it want's to install packages as it thinks its a fresh
installation.

	Any support, ideas, nasty words would be appreciated.

		Michael
--
InterNet Kingston               "escpecially the internet in the hand's of
177 Wellington St., Suite #302  voters nationwide, and that's a problem."