Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:13:25 +0200
From:      Jacques Hugo <jacques@ctech.ac.za>
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.9.1 and access.db

Dan Busarow wrote:

> Here's the mc file I'm using with access.db working as advertised.
> Also 8.9.1a

Here's mine:

FEATURE(`use_cw_file')
define(`confCW_FILE',`/etc/mail/sendmail.cw')
MASQUERADE_AS(ctech.ac.za)
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(ctech.ac.za)
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
define(`SMART_HOST', `ctech.ac.za')
FEATURE(access_db, hash /etc/mail/access)
FEATURE(relay_entire_domain)
MAILER(smtp)
MAILER(local)

This is working perfectly for what I want it to
do.  All internal systems points to this SMTP host,
which masquerades the domain, and all incoming
mail gets moved to the internal systems via
aliases.

I think that the relay_entire_domain has a higher
priority than access_db, that's why the access
file isn't doing what is suppose to do.

Your LOCAL_* configs tickle me ... can you elaborate
on that please.

Thanks
-Jacques

The box said "Requires Windows 3.1 or better"
			... so I got BSD

Network Administrator     | Jacques Hugo
UNIX Systems              | jacques@ctech.ac.za
Cape Technikon            | +27-21-4603584