Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 1995 19:58:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> 1. httpd.  I don't really know which variant is best, though John Fieber
>    (our Docmaster) has a preference which I'm perfectly happy to follow
>    (I think it's the CERN httpd).

CERN, if only because you can run it as a proxy.

> 2. lynx.  This would give users the ability to browse any HTML doc we
>    supply.  Mosaic will become an optional package for the X users.

Mosaic requires Motif :-<.

Speaking of which, can soneone gen me up a copy of Mosaic 2.5 for 1.1.5.1
with Motif statically linked?

> I also know that the bloatists will scream,

To hell with 'em, this is the *best* way to get good online docs. Time for
me to get into cgi-bin and knock out a lynx/mosaic interface to 'man'...
I've been hacking a lot on that stuff lately...