Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 2004 01:46:15 -0500
From:      "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste@ste-land.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sasl2-->saslauthd-->pam-->mysql issue

If I set pwcheck_method to auxprop and authenticate against sasldb2
which has a single user of "ste@gaamc-lists.org" in it, along with it's
password, I can auth just fine from mozilla, where I told it my user
name was "ste@gaamc-lists.org".

However, if I change it from auxprop to saslauthd, which calls pam,
which does a mysql lookup instead, it fails. It opens the correct
database and table, and selects the right fields, but it asks for a
username of "ste", instead of "ste@gaamc-lists.org", so it doesn't find
the password, and fails.

Why is it only asking for "ste", and how do I get it to ask for the
right value?

TIA

	-ste