Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:52:55 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, Reuben Halper <reuben@spacelab.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Complete FreeBSD

On Wednesday,  1 March 2000 at 19:06:58 +0000, Mark Ovens wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 01:59:13PM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 01:52:07PM -0500, Reuben Halper wrote:
>>> Is "The Complete FreeBSD" book still available in electronic form free of
>>> charge?  I couldn't find it anywhere on ftp.cdrom.com.
>>
>> IIANM, it was never available in electronic form.
>
> Maybe Reuben is thinking of the ASCII version that is on the CDs?

It's still available on the CDs in ASCII form, but that's not free of
charge.  It's specifically limited to the user of the CD:

  One thing you should note, though: this book is copyright.  By
  buying the CD- ROM, you have a license to use it for your own
  personal use.  You may not give it to other people, or use the text
  in other documents without the prior written approval of Walnut
  Creek CDROM.

Apart from that, the rendition is painful.  It's intended primarily to
help you grep for things in the book.

Greg