Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:43:42 -0400
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@gulbrandsen.priv.no>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless problems after upgrade to 4.10 (fwd)

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 07:02:59PM +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Let me guess: You're accidentally connecting to a neighbour's open AP
> who's using the same 192.168 addresses as you are. Your neighbour has
> dialup, or unplugs his DSL, so you can't really use his AP.

Dingdingding! Yes, something like that seems to be it.

I should have realized it--even the ifconfig results I posted here
showed "linksys" as the SSID; and my Linksys has a different name.
All I had to do was point wiconfig at my own AP and that was that.

Thanks for suggesting this.

Jesse Sheidlower