Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 12:49:36 -0800
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <Maksim.Yevmenkin@cw.com>
To:        "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>, "Bruce Evans" <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PATCH: typo in socreate() or i'm missing something

Dear Hackers,

<<On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 22:18:12 +1100 (EST), Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> =
said:

> > Interestingly, socreate() in Lite2 always does a can-wait malloc() =
so
> > our current soalloc(M_NOWAIT) does the same thing as Lite2 and is =
only
> > wrong if the FreeBSD change from can-wait to "can-wait-if p !=3D 0"
> > change was needed and is still needed.
>=20
> When I initially revamped that code, I waited unconditionally and was
> rewarded with an appropriate panic for sleeping in interrupt context.
> I cannot speak as to whether it is still needed.

well, what is the best way to proceed here? as far as i can see
there are three options here:

1) leave it as it is for now

2) change it to so =3D soalloc(0); (i.e. never sleep)

3) revert it back to rotted so =3D soalloc(td !=3D 0); in this case=20
   people like me will call socreate() with td =3D=3D 0, and other
   will call socreate() with real td pointer or curthread.=20

i personally do not like option 1) at all. are there any other
options? suggestions?

thanks,
max