Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 15:35:52 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosehn <drosehn@goti.net>
To:        Ustimenko Semen <semen@iclub.nsu.ru>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nt source licenses...

At 3:51 PM +0700 5/12/99, Ustimenko Semen wrote:
> Are we going to get this license? I am interested in NTFS
> source code a lot...

I would be very careful about getting an NT source license if
your intention is to write NTFS support for some other operating
system.  Microsoft is not doing this licensing for the benefit of
mankind, they are doing it to attract college-type users to
sticking with WinNT over open-source unixes.

The last thing we need is some code from WinNT which causes us
to be sued by Microsoft...

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =     gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer        (MIME & NeXTmail capable)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;           Troy NY    USA