Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 18:50:53 -0500
From:      "Jeremy L. Ramirez" <jramirez@digicomsystems.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Free BSD CD-sets

   I'll be quick and to the point.  Is there currently an effort to get
FreeBSD to users
that may not be willing to fork out the $40 (which I feel is a very small
price to pay)
to try/test it out without having to download it?  I know there was (not
sure currently)
a Linux effort to get CD sets to users.

  Basically all it did was list those who had CD sets they didn't need/use
anymore
and those interested in the OS could contact the person offering the CD set
  (or even installation help) and get it for free.  I know that I
personally have plenty of previous
release sets (1 rev behind release) that I don't use and would be willing
to send to some newbie
or curious in hopes that they like it and decide to use/support it.  I'm
sure there are others
out there with sets that are collecting dust.

Comments anyone?

     -Jeremy Ramirez