Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:18:15 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv and audio ... (Avermedia)

Søren Schmidt wrote:

> > > What about committing those values?? Amancio ??
> >
> > The problem is that we're not able to detect the difference between
> > the cards.  They're AFAIK identical from a software viewpoint.  :-(
>
> Thats not the point, the driver mostly only works by defining an
> OVERRIDE_BLA anyhow, this only adds (my patch that is) an entry
> for cards that uses these values, so we can tell people to do
> an OVERRIDE_BLA instead of patching....

Please commit as soon as possible, they work like a charm :-)
I deleted the three options in the kernel :

options         OVERRIDE_TUNER=2
options         OVERRIDE_CARD=5
options         BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_PAL

and the card is detected as :

bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x12 int a irq 15 on pci0.11.0
IMS TV Turbo, Temic PAL tuner.
(3.0-current)

but the audio doesn't work the same.
Have I miss something ?
Any other succeded in playing audio with such board ?
I own an sb awe64, but the sound is off also if I attach a speaker
directly to the board itself in the audio out ...

Obviusly the sound card works with other programs :-)

snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.16>
sbxvi0 at ? drq 5 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.16>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
snd0: <Yamaha OPL3 FM>
awe0 at 0x620 on isa
awe0: <SoundBlaster EMU8000 MIDI (RAM512k)>
joy0 at 0x201 on isa
joy0: joystick

(here is the output of the stock drivers...)

--

Regards...

Gianmarco
"Unix expert since yesterday"