Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:47:06 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Adding SCSI-disks results in failure

We have a FreeBSD box that runs as new server. Yesterday we wanted to
put in some more disk. We already have 7 disks attached to two Adaptec
SCSI-controllers. 4 disks on one and 3 disks on the second. When we
attach the 8'th disk to controller 2 we get a `device not configured`
for the new disk.

I suggested that we should upgrade the 2.2.7 to 3.1-RELEASE since the
SCSI handling is better in 3.1. So we did and the box is working OK,
except for the fact that we get the same error message.

Anyone seen this behaviour?

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_