Date:      Sat, 6 Aug 2011 08:07:34 +0200
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        svn-src-all@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r224659 - head/etc

--Md/poaVZ8hnGTzuv

Hi Doug,

* Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>, 20110806 02:07:
> The other issue is that due to the way that mergemaster works by default
> users who have existing /etc/nsswitch.conf files (which should be pretty
> close to 100%) won't see this change because it doesn't affect the
> $FreeBSD$ tag. If we decide to keep things this way then I would suggest
> adding a comment to that file so that it will get picked up.

You can work around this by doing a forced commit with SVN:

- Add some whitespace to the file
- Run svn commit
- Remove the whitespace while the editor is open

This will bump the $FreeBSD$ without changing its file contents.

> However, I would much rather see us actually change the default file.
> Users who are going to enable nis will already know that this file needs
> to be tweaked, and by using more sensible defaults we'll be more
> relevant to the majority of our userbase. So I propose the attached
> (along with reverting your change obviously).

I'm fine either way. Feel free to commit it (after re approval). :-)

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

--Md/poaVZ8hnGTzuv