Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 05:45:41 -0800
From:      Chad Shackley <zoogy@cris.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Free BSD 2.1.0 problem

I am trying to do the freebsd installation via ftp without any luck at =
all.

The machine is a P75 with an Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 network card.  =
The docs don't say if it's supported, it just says the Ether Express =
Pro.  Anyway, device lp0 is found as a tcp/ip compatible device when it =
first boots up.  However, I either get the message that lp0 couldn't be =
configured, after getting a list of 2 ppp comm ports or the lp0 device.

Why isn't it configuring lp0 properly?  The io address and irq are =
correct.  The machine is on a LAN connected to the internet.  Also, if I =
boot up with -c and try to enable or disable, or change any settings at =
all for the lp0 device, it's not recognized.  The ix or ix0 or whatever =
device for the etherexpress is recognized with all the proper io & irq =
settings, but I never see that in the list of options to make the ftp =
connection.

Is this workable or should I just go buy the cdrom?

Thanks.

Chad