Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:59:53 -0700
From:      Graeme Tait <U@webcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        info@boatbooks.com
Subject:   Re: SSL and apache

Donald P. Dahlman wrote:

> I have the apache patches for SSL implementation from
> http://www.itb.it/apache/dist/contrib/Apache-SSL/
>
> Main Features
>
>     Free for both commercial and non-commercial use.

Just be aware that for using SSLeay in the US, you need a BSafe license
from RSA (and I believe you are required to substitute their cipher code
for that in SSLeay). There is a special license plan for non-profits. For
individual commercial use, getting an RSA license is a practical
impossibility as I understand it.

--
Graeme Tait - Echidna