Date:      Sat, 03 Aug 1996 01:15:26 -0500
From:      samurai@iosys.net (Rich Bornhofer)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   what about us atypical types?

Hello,

  I am/was trying to install the FreeBSD system on my computer, when i
got to the part about which media to use. I had been planing on using
the FTP method, retrieved all the pertinent information to my access to
the web, ran the setup/install procedure from the boot.flp disk, and
when I went to choose the FTP media, only had choices for com1 and
com2.. My modem is on com4. How do i go about changing the setting in
the default for the comport so that i have access to my modem with the
install disk? (or can in not be done..) I will re-read the installation
manual again, and see if there is any reference to this, and the FAQ as
well, though i don't remember seeing it the first time through.
  Any information that you have for me would be greately appriciated.

    Thank you for your time,
  Ray Bornhofer..