Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2002 03:42:30 -0500
From:      "adaml@visimation.com" <adaml@visimation.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with IPF and IPNAT

Argh!  I've been pulling my hair out trying to get my NAT gateway going=2E=
 =20

I have two interfaces, one external and internal, servicing a private LAN=2E=
=20
From the LAN I can ping the internal interface and the external interface,=

but I can't get past the ext=2E interface=2E  For testing my rules are pas=
s in
all and pass out all=2E  From the gateway itself I can ping anywhere outsi=
de
or inside=2E

I have tried loading IPNAT and IPF as loadable kernel modules by adding th=
following to /etc/rc=2Econf:

gateway_enable=3D"YES"
network_interfaces=3D"x10 dc0 lo0"
ifconfig x10=2E=2E=2E
ifconfig dc0=2E=2E=2E
ipfilter_enable=3D"YES"
ipfilter_rules=3D"/etc/ipf=2Erules"
ipfilter_program=3D"/sbin/ipf"
ipfilter_flags=3D""
ipnat_enable=3D"YES"
ipnat_program=3D"/sbin/ipnat"
ipnat_flags=3D""

Each interface is up and running=2E  My default gateway in /etc/rc=2Econf =
is
the gateway of the external NIC=2E

Can anyone see anything wrong with what I am doing, or something missing?=20=

Do I need routed installed and running?  I also tried
forward_sourceroute=3D"YES", but that didn't seem to help=2E

Thanks,
Adam Lofstedt