Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 02:08:07 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        qa@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: FreeBSD 4.7 Code Freeze in less than a month

It's about that time already -- FreeBSD 4.7 is just around the corner.
Now is the time to speak up about any problems with the new code that
has been introduced since 4.6.  Please email the relevant
maintainers/committers for any specific bug fixes or enhancements that
you think should be MFCed for FreeBSD 4.7.

The code freeze date is firmly set, and barring any stability or
security problems, we intend to release on October 1.

    Code Freeze:		September 1, 2002
    Release Candidate 1:	September 15, 2002
    Release Candidate 2:	September 20, 2002
    Release Candidate 3:	September 25, 2002
    Final release:		October 1, 2002

For a more detailed schedule of the release process, please see
    http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/4.7R/schedule.html

Also, please remember to send all requests to re@FreeBSD.org.  I will
be in Taiwan and Japan for parts of the code freeze, so replies to
messages addressed to me personally may be significantly delayed
during the month of September.

      Thanks!

	- Murray Stokely / Release Engineering Team