Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:32:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD toolkit breakage

I tried to install 2.2.8-1990328-STABLE on a new machine from the
release snapshot on the Toolkit CD set.

Two problems came up.  The first is that the makeflp.bat program
didn't understand it was now running in a subdirectory, and tried
to invoke things in the \tools director that wasn't there any more.
No biggie.

But biggie:  The install floppy, when told this was a CD-ROM
install, failed to find the "releases" directory (and the correct
release within it).  It instead insisted that the CD was for the
wrong release (3.1-something), and we died there.

Lucky workaround--we stuck the CD into a handy nearby Linux machine,
and did an NFS export of /cdrom.  We then did an over-the-LAN
install via the NFS mount, which allowed us to specify the path to
the correct release.

Just a heads-up for y'all if you want to try the same thing.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net