Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 02:09:54 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: device number for watchdog board driver

--------

Curious what are you running over there...

   dev_mkdb - create /dev database

SYNOPSIS
     dev_mkdb

DESCRIPTION
     The dev_mkdb command creates a db(3) hash access method database in
     ``/var/run/dev.db'' which contains the names of all of the character and
     block special files in the ``/dev'' directory, using the file type and
     the st_rdev field as the key.

     Keys are a structure containing a mode_t followed by a dev_t, with any
     padding zero'd out.  The former is the type of the file (st_mode &
     S_IFMT), the latter is the st_rdev field.

FILES
     /dev             Device directory.
     /var/run/dev.db  Database file.

SEE ALSO
     ps(1),  stat(2),  db(3),  devname(3),  kvm_nlist(3),  ttyname(3),
     kvm_mkdb(8)
rah#

	Regards,
	Amancio