Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:58:57 +0800
From:      Bear <jilingshu@gmail.com>
To:        "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: SUMMARY: GNOME startup issues

hi,
Thanks for your reply. But I dont think GDM is required. When I use Linux such as Debian, I can run GNOME without any problems, include this error message, without GDM. GDM should not be a required module.
And also, I believe this message told us the slow responding of gnome-panel. If I run startx as root, this error message would gone. So I believe this is caused by a security policy(possibly dbus).
I hope my analysis is useful :)

Bear
2010-07-11