Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:54:45 -0700
From:      Jim Binkley <jrb@cs.pdx.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi.4 and wicontrol.8 man pages

http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~jrb/wi/wicontrol.8
http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~jrb/wi/wi.4

I took a crack at editing the wi.4 and wicontrol.8 man pages.
Comments cheerfully accepted although I'll be away for awhile.
Should be at least one good argument.

Basic idea:

wi.4 - minimal ... just tried to mention 11mbits in order
not to scare somebody.   And weasel word a few things.

wicontrol.8 - removed pre IBSS "don't know what it does" notes ...
tried to make entire mode bit more clear.  Put simple config example
section in.

Couple concerns:

1. I'm not sure what to put about the -t transmit rate section.
It's older than 11 mbits.  I believe it isn't necessarily wrong,
but I'm not sure about that.  The default is still "3" which means
auto rate select.

2. If somebody changed the mode default in current or whatever to managed mode,
the man page should match ... (or perhaps say nothing about the default).

Even I would agree that the default should not be demo ad hoc mode ... :->
The driver should come up in a 802.11 mode that interoperates.

				regards,

				Jim Binkley
				jrb@cs.pdx.edu