Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 21:50:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Barry Irwin <bvi@rucus.ru.ac.za>, ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TOS support for FreeBSD

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Barry Irwin wrote:
>
> > TOS is type-of-service, and is  determined by  bits 8->15 in the IP Header.
>
> [...] yes, I knew all this :)
>
> > Linux ipchanis allows one to modify the tos bits on a packet providing it
> > matches certain rules, this is the functionality I was wondering was
> > avaliable in FreeBSD
>
> This is what I was asking about.
>
> You might be able to do this with ipfilter, but ipfw doesn't (TOS isn't
> used much in the internet, AFAIK). There are probably other ways do
> achieve the same goal (traffic priority) on your Linux router which are
> more compatible with freebsd.

For a modest price for time, I could have this in IPFW easily if you
give me a description of what functionality is that which you want.
Otherwise, I could put it on my list of things to add to the new IPFW
(damn, I really need to write that paper!) when I work on that; or,
I could get to it whenever I next get really bored :)