Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2012 09:36:53 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggestion

On 03/11/12 02:31, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 10 March 2012 22:08:37 Alejandro Imass wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Erich Dollansky
>> <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>  wrote:
>>> On Saturday 10 March 2012 14:28:05 Joshua Isom wrote:
>> [...]
> it seems that you delete the 'masterpiece'.
>>> wine was able to fix the problem. Do not forget that most of the problems Windows has are not linked to design.
>> I am guessing this is a sarcastic comment!!
>>
>> ALL of Windows' problems are precisely based on poor design... just to
>> name a few:
>>
>> - no clean separation of system and apps
> it is very clearly separated.
>
>> - apps re-write system libs at will
> Isn't this another masterpiece FreeBSD is far off achieving?
>
>> - no lib versioning
> I think that you are wrong here. It a long time ago but I think I remember they put a version number into the library name.
>
>> - there is not out of the box user / admin separation
> Another point where FreeBSD is far behind. It is not possible to give every user on FreeBSD its own account and full administration rights.
No system is actually truly capable of this, with the exception of the
newest kid on the block Plan9. Winblows, in its current form, is the
bastard love child of DOS and some black sheep cousin of Unix
(twice-removed), so its not happening there either; just some sleight of
hand tricks to partially achieve the result with a decrease of security
to boot.