Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:23:28 -0700
From:      Doug Wellington <ddw@nsma.arizona.edu>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cdrecord - WOW!

Previously:
>anyway - i need to plug mkisofs and cdrecord!

Yep, great tools - we've been using them on our data acquisition
Sun Ultra 1's for a long time.

>DAMN!  with an HP4020i CD-R and the WinBlows
>HP CD-R recording software - it used to take
>2.5-3.0 HOURS to create an image and burn a CD.

While I love HP hardware, their software definitely leaves something to
be desired.  (And it's not just CD-R/RW either - their scanning software
is bad too...)

Installing just Adaptec's Easy CD Creator will speed up the CD writing
process with the HP drives on Windows dramatically...

-Doug
--
Doug Wellington                         System and Network Administrator
ddw@nsma.arizona.edu          The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA