Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:58:54 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        fbsd_user <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: run custom script when newsyslog rotates log file.

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:03:11AM -0400, fbsd_user wrote:
> When my firewall log is rotated by newsyslog.conf, I want to run an
> custom script.
>=20
> Is there a way to auto launch script when newsyslog.conf log rotate
> event happens?

Not in any simple way.  However you can get newsyslog(1) to send a
signal to the process of your choice when it cycles the log file.
That process can do whatever you want on receipt of the signal.  This
is not beginner-level shell or perl programming, but it's not hugely
difficult either.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20