Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 1996 00:21:56 -0600 (CST)
To:        100320.553@compuserve.com (Peter Vuinshtein)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Few questions

In reply:
> Dear Guru,

you called?

> 2. How can I use 730MB Western Digital with Rocket accelerator and to
>    avoid conflict with FreeBSD

the drive should work.  the 'drive rocket' stuff is for ms-dog/windoze only.
what you want to do to get the same functionality is to add the
'flags 0x80ff80ff' to your wd? drivers in your kernel config.  what this does
is turn on the 16 bit access mode [32-bit when the drives and controllers
support it sometime in the future] and turn on the multi-block transfer mode
[which is all drive rocket does anyway]...

other than that, just compile in the wd0 [and if you want wd1] controller
lines as found in GENERIC, remember to add the flags.

> 3.Is it possible to use external parallel tape drive with FreeBSD?

last i heard, nope.

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or