Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 1997 04:21:05 +0800 (SGT)
From:      sweeting@tm.net.my
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@WPI.EDU>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: virtual sendmail domains with multiple users with same name but different domains	 ?

>sendmail is not the limited factor here, UNIX is.  You must have unique
>usernames, therefore one UNIX machine can't have two fred accounts since it
>won't know which one to use when 'fred' tries to login.  You can create two
>accounts on the box (fredreal and fredvirt) and have virtusertable entries for
>those:
>
>fred@virtual.com        fredvirt
>fred@real.com           fredreal

thank you for this Gregory.

so it means that i can offer clients their accounts such as :
sales@company1.com
sales@company2.com
only for _receiving_  since i can then route these to their individual users.

i can live with that - i will just have to make sure that i keep track of
the users
on the machine. (and all those faqs etc now make perfect sense)

thank you very much for putting me straight on this one !
(and apologies to everyone if this was a real dimbo question)

chas