Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:02:29 +0800
From:      Fbsd1 <fbsd1@a1poweruser.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   8.0 release php5 port not working

Have a clean install of 8.0 and trying to do cvs make install of port
php5 just to turn on apache module. The php5 make install is complaining
that autoconf262, pkg-config and libxml2 as non-existent -- dependency
list incomplete. I installed these as packages and they show up in
pkg_info.
Only thing i can think of is the php5 make file is looking for the port
make files of these so call non-existent ports to check that dependent
is there when it should be checking the pkg-db to check if dependent is
installed.

Question is how do I force the port make install of php5 to accept the
package versions of the dependents so the compile will start?