Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:39:33 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xchat & xchat-devel?

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 at 01:22:46 -0700, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
>  * From: Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
>
>  * On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 at 01:04:58 -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
>  * > > I'm working on updating the xchat port to the latest version
>  * > > (I'm the
>  * >
>  * > From ports/net/xchat/pkg/DESCR it looks like this is an IRC
>  * > client.  Guess we'll need to repository copy this to
>  * > ports/irc/.
>  *
>  * It already is in ports/irc.  Should I go ahead with the -devel
>  * port or just send the diffs to upgrade the existing one?
>
> I think "xchat12" is better, I'm assuming that's going to eventually
> replace the current xchat.  If that's ok for you, I'll do a repo
> copy.

I don't know that we'd want to give it a version number.. right now,
the development branch's current version is 1.1.2 and is changing alot
(which is why I suggested xchat-devel).  The stable version is 1.0.0.

I don't know that it'll replace the current xchat port.. I mean, when
it gets to 1.1.10, 1.2.0 will probably become the stable version, and
1.3.x the development tree (if they use their current version
numbering).  Am I making sense with any of this?

--
- Jim Mock - jim@blues.ghis.net - systems administrator - ghis.NET -
- work: http://www.ghis.net/ - personal: http://www.ghis.net/~jim/ -