Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:52:04 -0500
From:      "Charles Howse" <chowse@charter.net>
To:        "'Kirk Strauser'" <kirk@strauser.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Freebsd ufs under WIN

> > Samba will let you read and write to UFS in Windows.
>=20
> Um, no.  Samba will let you browse a filesystem residing on a FreeBSD
> server.  It will not let you mount the filesystem natively on=20
> a local drive.

The question was:

> is there any utility that can mount Freebsd UFS under win for=20
> read/write.

I have a FBSD machine running Samba.  I 'share' certain directories
within smb.conf.
When I browse the Samba shares from my Windows XP Pro machine, not only
can I read and write to them, I can mount them as as a Network drive,
which is essentialy the same as a local drive.

If I misunderstood the original question, I'm sorry, but it will work
the way I have just outlined.