Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 18:57:39 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multimedia usage on FreeBSD

Video capture:
  Hardware : Matrox Meteor PCI, Intel Smart Video Recorder III PCI,
	     Talisman MPEG Player.

  Applications:
	o Save live images akeen to taking a picture.
	o Watch tv with the "tv"
	o audio/video conferencing with vic/vat using at ISDN speed
	o Play back CDI or VIDEOCD at 30fps with the Talisman MPEG Player.
	o metgrab -- only with the Matrox Meteor -- real time special
	  effects while capturing live video on PPRO 200MHz.
Audio:
   Hardare: GUS PnP, TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-3701TA 3205, Zyxel 1496
   Applications
	o play mpeg sound files
	o play back midi files
	o play soundtracks off an CD Audio or save audio sound tracks
	o convert sound files to mpeg audio files
	o play doom with sound
	o NCD's network audio system to plack back sound streams locally
	or across a network
	o telephone answering machine and I use exmh to play back my
	  voice messages using NCD's sound player which has controls
          for pausing, and restart sound at any point in the graphical
          display of the sound message.

This is just a skeleton outline feel free to add or revise.
After several revisions we should end up with a Multimedia Guide
for FreeBSD which will go on the FreeBSD Multimedia Mailing List.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio