Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 21:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DLT 4000

Everything is set according to the pdf file on Quantums site. TermPwr etc.
Have a clean new tape in and there is no problem with the status LED's on
the front. The compression light is on and the tape in use light as well,
as is normal. We have an NT server in NJ of the same type so dispite
having no documentaion at hand I'm confident the LED's are correct.
I initialy thought it could have been that I didn't have the device in
/dev or that I was calling it by the wrong dev but dmesg pretty much rules
that out. I think I may toss it into a Winblows machine and see if it
get's any kind of error.

Keith

I here by change the name
of RedHat to RedSplat.