Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:24:43 -0700
From:      mikel@vintners.net (Mike Lempriere)
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Is FreeBSD Alpha FS compatible with Intel?

Is the FreeBSD UFS identical between platforms?  More specifically, can I
use an external SCSI drive with only data, on either an Alpha or Intel
platform by merely moving the cable and powering up in the new config?

--
***  Due to layoffs, I will lose my old zso.dec.com address as of  ***
***  07-Sep-1999.   Please update your address book entry for me.  ***

Pacific NorthWest wine, blues, jazz info; http://vintners.net/~mikel
Mike Lempriere-Home: mikel@vintners.net
WA State resident-junk email prohibited by law: RCW19.190 & RCW19.86