Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:46:33 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD with 4 MB RAM

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 04:51:10PM +0100, Micke Josefsson wrote:

> On 30-Jan-01 Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > Minimum install takes about 60Mb for 2.2.6. And be carefull with
> > the parrallel cable install, in the sysinstall for 2.2.6 (2.2.8?)
> > ifconfig for lp0 wasn't working well, you had to do it in the
> > emergency holographic shell.
> >
> > Edwin, 486SX/50 8Mb 100Mb disk :-)
>
> Really 100M? Wow! I remember not fitting it on such a small disk. Must have been
> remembering wrong.

> How much swap do you have?

	Currently in use	real size
/	14Mb			20Mb
/usr	55Mb			65Mb
/var	1Mb			5Mb
swap	0			15Mb

Oh, seems to be a 105Mb disk :-)

So yes, it's small, it's slow but it's fun enough to run FreeBSD
on it if you need to take notes for your D&D reports :-)

vi and fmt, all a man needs!

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
mavetju@chello.nl |                     http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/