Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 11:00:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@wasteland.calbbs.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GNU Assembler - new version?

Is it possible we could see a new version of the GNU assembler for -STABLE
anytime soon?  The version currently present in the tree seems to date
back to 1992 or 1993, and lacks some features of more recent versions.
I've tried grabbing a newer version of gas from the GNU binutils-2.8, but
the configure script doesn't recognize FreeBSD, and I'm not knowledgeable
(or patient) enough to hack it into working.

--
Brian Buchanan                                      brian@wasteland.calbbs.com
"So now I'm an undemocratic, elitist `privacy extremist,' eh? Just like

If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy.
Million Microbe March: Small is Beautiful.