Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 10:46:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S." <pedro@unb15.campus.unal.edu.co>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ISIS-freeWAIS (fwd)

Hi,
Because of my job, I have had to work with WAIS. The ported version is a
little old (Recent version is FreeWAIS-0.5), but there are two alternate
distributions that are much better:
FreeWAIS-sf, available at
ftp://ftp.germany.eu.net/pub/infosystems/wais/Unido-LS6/freeWAIS-sf

and ISIS-FreeWAIS, that recently has been released for FreeBSD with the
message that follows.

We did the porting of ISIS-freeWAIS-0.5 for FreeBSD two month ago...
but we had no time to include it in the distribution.. Anyway

you can get the software at following URL:

ftp://ftp.nis.garr.it/pub/WAIS/WAIS-ISIS/ISIS-freeWAIS-0.5-FreeBSD.tar.gz

The distribution contains the .o and binary file according the
definition you can find in  <wais>/include/WAIS-ISISconf.h

About SCO we didn't the porting because GianPaolo said us that the
database structure is different than DOS/WINDOWS environment

regards

beppromano

  Giuseppe Romano                              Phone:  +39 50 593248
  GARR - Network Information Service           Fax:    +39 50 904052
  Via Santa Maria 36                          Telex:  500371 - CNUCE
  56126 Pisa - Italy                      E-mail: romano@nis.garr.it
                                          E-mail: G.Romano@cnuce.cnr.it