Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:56:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        brentb@loa.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw rules ??

>From: "Brent" <brentb@loa.com>
>Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:47:12 -0500

>i recently installed ipfw on my Freebsd 4.2 machine...with default to
>ACCEPT...(i couldnt get the firewall rules to work correctly with default to
>DENY on in the kernel)

Absent a clue as to what "work correctly" might mean for you in this
situation, there's little I can do to provide very much guidance.

>is there a place that has a good set of firewall
>rules when using "default to DENY" in the kernel ???

Well, the distributed /etc/rc.firewall is generally what I use as a
starting-point -- rather similar to using GENERIC as the starting-point
for a kernel configuration.

And in each case, your requirements are going to be fairly specific to
your situation.

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill      dhw@whistle.com   UNIX System Administrator
Desk: 650/577-7158   TIE: 8/499-7158   Cell: 650/759-0823