Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:06:46 +0000
From:      bob.middaugh@comcast.net (Bob Middaugh)
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <mchauber@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Sadly, my tinker-time has run out....

> > I apologize for that last comment...  That was uncalled for.

Ted brings out the best in people.

<snip an unnecessary explanation>

> > But I'll be damned if you
> > don't parse me
> > off sometimes.  :)

Ted brings out the best in people.

> That is my job.  The ONLY way to get someone to re-examine their
> assumptions is to piss them off.

Really?  Funny, not one of my college professor's ever pissed me off with rude, arrogant, offensive and generally hasty sweeping statements in an attempt to get me to open my mind and examine my thought process.

>It's why politicians get more votes rabble-rousing than telling everyone how great things are.

If you say so...

> And naturally, those that don't want to re-examine their own
> ass-umptions don't like being pissed off, don't like rabble-rousers,
> and bitch when they see rabble-rousing.

I question my own thoughts and motives all the time, and I don't typically enjoy being pissed off, but I do like to raise hell from time to time.  So, by your logic Ted; I'm an enigma?

> But, change never happens easy.

Yeah, people have been trying to teach you some manners for years Ted, and "YOUR" right; it's never been easy or accomplished as evidenced by your ability to simultaneously piss off various people from various parts of the world on two different threads at once.

Good Job.

>Your not going to get a Windows
> users switched over to Open Source unless you piss him off - force
> him to defend his ass-umption that Windows is the greatest
> operating system since sliced bread.  Doing this is what gets him
> to re-examine his assumptions.  And that is after all the name
> of the game here - to get the people away from the unhealthy MS monopolizing
> of the computer business that are salvagable.
>
> > Anyway...  A public apology for a public ass-showing...  And I
> > don't want to
> > leave the board with the impression that I'm an ass (or at least
> > a complete one),

That's not the impression I was left with.

> No problem Mike - and I apologize as well for saying you were whining.

You should, that's one of your sweeping hasty generalizations about someone you've never even met.

<snipped the rest of the blah, blah, blah, blah lecture as I've wasted enough bandwidth already>

Bob

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?090520071906.4943.46DEFE460008FCB60000134F220642461308099A0E0B0B0703D20D010D>