Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:26:23 +0000
From:      Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>
To:        Ian Grigg <iang@iang.org>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Eclipse-3.0.1

--=-OOhF1PLwg1RG6e38/nra

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 18:55, Ian Grigg wrote:
> Jeremy Faulkner wrote:
> > The eclipse port has been updated to use gcc 3.4 could someone using 4.=
> > test the new port diff please?
>=20
> When I do the 'portupgrade java/eclipse' which has
> (3.0 or whichever is available currently, I also did
> 'cvsup /etc/cvsup/ports-supfile immediately prior)
> the eclipse make bombs out on pthreads, as below.
>=20
> Also, in reinstalling 2.1.3, it bombs out on a gettext
> lib incompatibility, 2nd snippet.
>=20
> So I guess I'm fubar at this point?
>=20
> (I gather that you wanted testing on the "port diff"
> as opposed to the port, but I don't know how to get
> access to that.  Would that fix the pthreads issue?)

Sorry, when I mentioned the eclipse-3.0.1 port diff I was referring to:
http://www.gldis.ca/gldisater/freebsd/ports/eclipse.diff

I assumed that, because I had posted the url to the list on Tuesday that
everyone following this list would already know which diff I was
referring to.

The diff is also referenced in the PR ports/72990

cd into ports/java/eclipse (or a copy of all the files and directories
located there) and enter the command "patch < path/to/eclipse.diff".

I don't know about your pthread problem, but eclipse 2.1.3 has not been
in the ports tree since the end of July. This patch updates the 3.0_1
port to 3.0.1 (_1 is a revision of the ports tree, .1 is a new eclipse
release).
--=20
Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>

--=-OOhF1PLwg1RG6e38/nra