Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:59:20 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mbuf vulnerability

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 01:55:55PM -0600, D J Hawkey Jr wrote:
> On Mar 01, at 01:03 PM, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 07:38:11PM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> > > In
> > > http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200402260743.IAA18903
> > >
> > > it seems RELENG_4 is vulnerable.  Is there any work around to a system that
> > > has to have ports open ?
> >
> > There will be advisories and patches available tomorrow.
>
> Not to pester, but it's the day-after-tomorrow today  %-/
> Can we expect this Real Soon Now(tm)?

I wrote that March 1st, today is March 2nd.

The advisory and patches have been on the FTP server for almost 2 hours.
I only just minutes ago pushed the button to email it everywhere.  (Good
thing too, 'cause I mistyped a URL in there originally.)

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / nectar@celabo.org / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@freebsd.org