Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:06:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        David Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yanking Sendmail need something easier to understand

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, David Leimbach wrote:

> I would like to rid myself of the really difficult to understand sendmail.
>

> Does anyone know of any other program that can do the following:
>
> 1) Map local user names to my ISP email address.
> 	dave@localhost   dleimbac@earthlink.net
>
> 2) Work with procmail as a delivery agent. [filters]
> 3) Relay my outgoing mail to an external SMTP server.
>

> I like the fact that sendmail does all of these things but it is
> ridiculously hard to understand what the configuration files mean.

cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix-current && make install

Postfix... The MTA of choice for those with clue.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | Sr. Unix Administrator
Work:           chris.watson@twa.com | Trans World Airlines, Kansas City, MO
Home:              scanner@jurai.net | http://www.twa.com
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"