Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:06:58 +0000
From:      norseman <norseman@firstlight.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD boot problems on Alpha 600 5/333

To whomever;
	I was having another problem with FreeBSD (intel) and put the
following in too. Brooke suggests I try here.

(Alpha specific section from another letter)

> That "different animal" is a DEC ALPHA 600 5/333. The downloaded image
> is for DEC ALPHA's.  It's not accepting the CD which checks out OK as
> far as "it's all there" goes. The CD-BURN seems fine. All several of
> them. Push the button and the CD slides in and the DEC kicks it out.
> Won't even try to boot it. DEC was originally shipped with Win-NT 4.0
> and has ARC, OpenVMS and DEC UNIX boot choices. Windows boots but the
> passwords are long since forgotten. Would like to try FreeBSD on it.
> The cryptic message on the screen mentions "RUN/STOP switch" but I can
> not find any mention of it anywhere else. Not at HP help, not in the
> few remaining manuals, not with a net search.
>
> Thoughts/Comments?

Steve Turner
norseman@firstlight.net

('REPLY' button won't work. I have six keyboards for myself here at
  work plus the rest I trouble shoot. Outgoing is from whichever I'm
  at BUT incoming is preferred as norseman. Or stevet@water.ca.gov .
  I's a darn sight easier than always logging in somewhere else. :)
)