Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:46:18 +0200
From:      Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>
To:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@idiom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: TenDRA C/C++ compiler (fwd)

Jeffrey Hsu wrote:

> Anyone feel up to a new compiler port?

Just ported it to SCO Open Server (it's differs from SCO 3 for TenDRA).

And hacked libio from egcs-current to run with tcc. All patches, I guess,
system-independed.

(You can get it from:
  ftp://cam.grad.kiev.ua/pub/libio.tcc.patched.tar.gz
)
Patches itself:
 ftp://cam.grad.kiev.ua/pub/libio.tcc.diff.gz

You must compile it by tcc with   -D__TCC__
Note, that make file is incomplete, becouse it is part of general configure of egcs,

In principle, porting is not very hard, but few aspects:
   1.  tcc is POSIX ISO compiler.
      it mean, that we must modify our includes (i.e. /usr/include/*)
      to be ISO compliant in case __TCC__, and correct handle some
     TenDRA specific stuff.
     or write specific includes for TCC ( which, in generally, very bad)
     So, if we want to create command for tcc porting, We must have something
     with commit privelegies.
   2.  It is not included standart C++ library.
     (Changed libio (streams stuff) we have, STL we can get form hp,  so all ok)
      One question: Anybody know, where exist libio library itself, without gcc ?

I want to join to the team,  but I have very limited free time.
And as saying, we must have commiters, in team, becouse FreeBSD includes
are not ISO C.

Thanks .

    @=
     //RSSH                              mailto:Ruslan@Shevchenko.Kiev.UA