Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:43:20 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        chat list <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux faster thasn FreeBSD

Carl Makin writes:

> On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:
>
> > These days I'm down to 32M core and up to 64M swap. Good Old X11R6... :-)
>
> Hmmm, I have 32Mb core and 100Mb swap on two disks and I run out daily. :(
>
> There seems to be something weird with Afterstep 1.0, XFree86 3.3.1 and
> possible Netscape. :(

I fired up Afterstep last night after reading all the glowing reports.
Decided it sure was pretty. And slower on my PPro-166 and Mach32 (no
screaming video card there).

I think I'm staying with twm, but wouldn't mind being able to grow windows
by grabbing their bottom corners...   :-)

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net