Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 00:16:00 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Subject:   Re: Specifying interface bind binds to?

Somehow bind 8.2 recognizes added interface. I'm sitting just now on compleetly
dynamic dialup link:
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address         Foreign Address       (state)
[...]
tcp        0      0 195.64.229.35.53      *.*                   LISTEN
tcp        0      0 10.0.0.1.1025         10.0.0.1.80           CLOSE_WAIT
[..]
tcp        0      0 10.0.0.1.53           *.*                   LISTEN
udp        0      0 195.64.229.35.53      *.*
[..]
udp        0      0 10.0.0.1.53           *.*

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Christopher Michaels wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I just setup bind to use the bind "sandbox".  Everything works except that
> > it is trying to bind to every interface on the system, and since my system
> > is on a dynamic ip, it can't bind to the new ip's when they are assigned to
> > tun0.
> >
> > Is there any option to tell bind to only to 'bind' to one interface?  I
> > didn't see anything relevant in the man page or the named.conf
>
> You can try the "listen-on" directive:
>
> options {
>    listen-on { ip.add.es.s ; } ;
> };
>
> I haven't been able to find anything in bind that helps it
> deal with an interface's IP address changing.  Maybe you can
> use a ppp directive to restart named if the interface changes?
>
> hope this helps,
> -Alfred
>

> > Thanks,
> > -Chris

WBW  Andy V. Oleynik        PGP key's fingerprint
prime.net.ua's              D0 1E 7B B4 33 65 49 97  9C 79 7C 64 5C 9C F3 25
system administrator
+380442448363