Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 19:14:06 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        amnuay muthitacharoen <amnuay@comnet.spu.ac.th>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS server error

amnuay muthitacharoen wrote in message ID
<Pine.AUX.3.91.960426174753.24856A-100000@comnet.spu.ac.th>:
> 	I had configured my machine to be an NFS server by putting

> 		nfs_server=YES

> in  /etc/sysconfig. After rebooting the machine , I got the following
> error message :-

> 		clnttcp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Wild guess: you're trying to be a NIS client? You get this error for
some reason if you are. Maybe NIS isn't setup at this point in the
proceedings or something.

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.