Date:      25 Dec 97 00:05:53 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AHA-2842A troubles

At 24 Dec 97 02:40:54 David Kelly wrote regarding Re: Adaptec AHA-2842A troubles

 DK> Its not the SCSI bus that's different. Its the PB MB and/or
 DK> BIOS. Not all VL bus slots are bus master capable. Maybe it
 DK> wasn't until the 3rd PC that you happened on a bus master VL bus
 DK> slot.

I tried the 2842A again on the first PC, but in the other VL-slot.

Now the disks show up nicely at boot, and I can verify the disks. Probably also format'em, but that I haven't tried for obvious reasons :-).

But still it can't boot: "No system disk or disk error" (or thereabout)

So still: Dos-disks and kernel on 1542A, unix on 2842A.

PC's _are_ strange...

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---