Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:01:57 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Telnet attempts blocked by ipfw

Hi.

I've got 00000 unreach filter-prohib log ip from any to any
in my ipfw configuration, but this appears to only be
affective for pings and traceroutes. Is there any way
to get telnet's and the like to terminate immediately
with some kind of error to the effect of connection
refused without actually refusing the connection, but having
ipfw do it ?

I'm running 2.2.7-STABLE :
FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: Sat Aug  1 18:39:06 SAT 1998

Basically, I'd like it so that someone types
telnet host.dom.ain, and gets rejected immediately, and not
keep trying until his telnet client times out, and fill my
console with rejects.

TIA.

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
UUNET Internet Africa Support * FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
FreeBSD: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware