Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:27:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Tijmen Ramakers <tijmen@dse.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /kernel stray irq 7 ??

I frequently get a message '/kernel: stray irq 7', at seemingly random
moments. Can anyone tell me what it means?

I'm running 2.2.6-stable, on an i486DX4, which has some defects (the
parallel port is broken, and the pci-slots give trouble).
I've disabled the parallel port in the bios, and I've commented out the
'lpt0' line in the kernel configuration file before compiling and
installing the kernel.
The only peripherals are 2 harddisks, a cdrom player, a pci video card,
and an isa ne2000 card (at IRQ 10).
There's nothing at IRQ 7.

Tijmen

(Because of the amount of traffic on this list, I'm no longer subscribed,
so please send any replies also directly to my email-address.)